Worthington Simpson pumps is an historic brand of centrifugal pumps with many of their pumps being used in the municipal waterworks across the UK. Thomas Simpson originally founded the company in 1785 and when his sons took over, they founded James Simpson & Co., which became the Worthington Pump Co. through a merger in 1903, being renamed Worthington Simpson in 1917. It remained independent until 1969, when it became a subsidiary of Studebaker-Worthington. Mergers and divestitures followed until it came under the Flowserve umbrella in 2013.
Today, Worthington Simpson close coupled end suction pump types WB, WJ & WJE form part of Flowserve’s D Line range of pumps, a range based on modular components which use casings and impellers from the frame mounted range, designed to ISO standards. This modular concept ensures maximum interchangeability of parts and the subsequent low inventory costs. WB, WJ & WJE pump units feature a single DIN 24960 mechanical seal as standard.